Horticulture & Crop Production Training Level 3 (only)
Applications closing date: 14th July 2023
We will not consider late applications, therefore, the earlier you submit your application, the better.
We are now recruiting to enroll eager and talented trainees for the fully funded ConTine pilot project:
Horticulture & Crop Production Level 3 program 2023-2025, commencing in July/ August 2023 with assessment in June/July 2025.
Please note: The opportunity only applies to candidates who have obtained NTA National Certificate in Horticulture & Crop Husbandry Level 2, and who want to further their studies.
Theory and practical training happens at Wolwedans (except for internships during your final year), and hence trainees must be prepared to stay in the desert for ten consecutive weeks at a time, with two week breaks in between, and longer summer holidays. Transport to/from Windhoek to Wolwedans as well as board and lodging will be provided as part of the course.
- NTA - NVC Horticulture & Crop Husbandry Level 2 (must be obtained)
- English proficiency with adequate communication skills (speak | read | write)
- Applicantions are open to individuals from 18 – 30 years of age
- Positive attitude and a friendly outgoing personality
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Candidates who meet the above admission criteria and want to further their studies
- Unemployed Namibian Youth with “fire in their belly” and the burning desire to grab this opportunity and advance themselves in life
- Youth from socio economically disadvantaged backgrounds with emphasis on the Hardap region
- People with disabilities, and from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply and will be given first preference provided they meet all other admission requirements.
DOCUMENTATION TO ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION:
- NTA Level 2 certificate – Horticulture & Crop Husbandry
- Filled Online Application Form (JotForm – link below)
- A motivation letter not exceeding one page (why you?)
- A Detailed CV including current residential adress
- A Copy of ID/Passport or other official form of identification
- A Certified Copy of Educational Qualifications
- A working and reachable mobile phone number where you can be contacted for an initial telephonic interview
Please note: Applications failing to submit 1-7 as per above (esp. with regards to the letter of motivation, which can also be handwritten and sent as photo or pdf) will not be considered.
Studying in a pristine natural environment off the beaten track at Wolwedans, you can focus on what matters most – your education. Doing so without any survival worries and literally free of charge (incl. free board and lodging for about 18 months) thanks to the generous sponsor conTine it really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and a special privilege. We look forward to receiving your application. Only serious candidates will be considered.
Applications can also be hand delivered to:
No. 2 Mozart St / Corner Hosea Kutako Drive (NICE Restaurant)
or sent by Nampost addressed to:
Wolwedans Foundation Trust
Desert Academy Recruitment
P.O. Box 5048
Take Note: A once-off NAD 200 fee is payable upon admission. Decent hostel accommodation as well as food vouchers for the Wolwedans Canteen are available for all sponsored trainees. A tug shop sells daily necessities.
Wolwedans Foundation Trust
2 Mozart Street, WIndhoek
P.O. Box: 5048 Windhoek
Tel: +264 61 230616